Blog Archive

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Radio Popper > Pocket Wizard??? It sure looks like it!!!

My wife has been hounding me to give her some Christmas gift ideas. "You have everything" is what she tells me all the time. (Obviously she hasn't heard of Leica, or Zeiss). Nevertheless, after 3 seconds of thinking I blurt out "PocketWizards!" She says "What?", and I say "I'll just put the link in your Facebook inbox". Problem solved. Then I start to do some research on the new models and find that the Control TL units are having a lot of problems with Canon's TTL system (range issues, frying speedights etc). Being that I am a Canon shooter, this is heartbreaking, since I have some cheap triggers that do decent work at 1/200 sync speed. I'm really looking to upgrade for higher speeds, especially with my new Alienbees B800 strobes that should be arriving any day now. Then I stumble onto a link to Radio Poppers. After looking through the specs and company videos, and the sparse (but praise-filled) online reviews, I think I've found my Christmas gift.




(Good Stuff starts at 1:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment