Blog Archive

Monday, December 12, 2011

The Alien Bees are buzzin'!

Today we got in our new pair of B800's and got to pop off some test shots of our guy Carlos from NGenio Media. I'm really impressed with the lights, the recycle time mostly, clocking in at less than a second on all my usual power settings. The model light recharge indicator is pretty cool as well. I wasn't looking forward to lights that would beep incessantly at every shoot, so this is a nice feature for a former music producer who is easily agitated by annoying sounds. I was also surprised the mechanism to attach modifiers was able to hold up my Bowens ringed softboxes. While I plan on ordering new inner speedrings, its nice to know there's no rush. Tomorrow the game plan is to test out the 7" reflectors and some colored gels. In the meantime here's the look of the setup and one of the test shots of Carlos...







3 comments:

  1. uh the terminology lost me, but the shot looks very clear, and realistic....replicates life very closely.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I did get a little deep on the language in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah You did... the lingo is crazy.. but its a good thing.. all it really does is solidify that you are the only "REAL PHOTOGRAPHER" IN south jerz that knows what hell he is doing.. LOL... your a beast kid.. would like to come up this week to check out the new set up.. will hit you tomorrow.. good work and congrats my brotha!!!!
    VITO.....

    ReplyDelete